Before his death in 1997, Gianni Versace was one of the most well-known fashion designers in the world. He founded the Versace fashion empire with his family, which continues to dominate the market today.
His career was full of excitement and interesting facts. Let’s discover them today!
1. His mother was a dressmaker, Versace grew raised in the Italian city of Reggio Calabria, where he learnt how to make clothes from his mother before becoming one of the world’s most famous designers.
2. He was one of the first fashion designers to bring celebrities to his events and fashion shows, which had a big influence on the current fashion week events.
3. Versace was well-known for his designs for theater and movies, in addition to his own collections.
4. He studied architecture before coming to Milan to work in fashion design at the age of 26.
5. Versace unveiled his first signature collection for ladies at the Palazzo della Permanente Art Museum in Milan, buoyed by his success.