1. She is Mario Prada’s youngest granddaughter and the company’s founder (1913). Fratelli Prada (Prada brothers) was the name of his business at the time, and it carried animal items as well as imported English steamer trunks and purses.
2. When she was nine years old, her grandfather died. Mario Prada didn’t feel women should have a place in business, therefore he barred his female relatives from working for him. Mario’s son, ironically, showed little interest in the company, so Miuccia’s mother, Luisa, took over.
3. Miuccia studied mime at the Teatro Piccolo and performed for five years.
4. Miuccia produced the “classic Prada handbag” in 1985, which became an instant hit. Despite being utilitarian and strong, its clean lines and craftsmanship exuded the elegance that has become synonymous with Prada. This black nylon purse is still available today.
5. Miuccia created Miu Miu, which is wholly owned by Prada, in 1992. It was given the name Miu Miu after her own nickname.
Quel plaisir et quel honneur de partager avec vous mon expertise du marketing, de l’entrepreneuriat, et de la création de Marques dans les mondes du Luxe, de l’art, de la mode et de l’expérience ! Je vous accompagne à vous réaliser et vivre vos ambitions. ♥